Frequently Asked Questions
Institute not present on the website

Send an email to: contact@indiantranscripts.com Provide some information like: Your college and university name, year of graduation, branch and any other relevant information. We'll try to establish a process with your institute to get your transcripts for you.

What is a Transcript? How can statement of marks be attested?

Transcript is a record of student’s marks or grades achieved during their studies by educational institutions. It is officially signed and sealed by concerned college or education institute authorities or must be authorized by registrar. Note: Transcript is not a consolidate statement of mark sheet.

What is the delivery time/period of transcript?

Delivery time/period depends on the processing time by college or university to university. The processing also includes the application evaluation time and processing duration at colleges or university. Normally, it takes one week to four weeks to get from university. Variation for expected date depends on the process duration from the source institute or University.

What are the documents required to obtain transcript?
  • Documents asked by the education institutions differ as per their requirements.
  • Generally, document asked by the institutions are –
    • Scan copy of mark sheet and degree certificate.
    • Scan copy of request letter of transcripts.
    • Scan copy of self-attested photo ID proof.
Why clear documents are asked?
  • Recipient institutions are very strict in receiving the documents failing in sending the precise documents, it may tend for rejection.
  • Document which are not eligible to obtain transcripts.
  • Scan copies which are unreadable/blurred.
  • Documents with cut off edges.
  • Scan copies which are small/large in size compared to Original (A4 size).
  • Truncated unclear or missing of university seal and authorized seal.
  • Shadow or shiny patch on the documents.
  • Kindly be cautions and vigilant before submitting the documents. Otherwise, it will be loss of time.
Scanned Documents requirement
  1. All documents should be clear and legible.
  2. All sides and edges should be properly captured without any cuts or missing borders.
  3. We advise to use professional scanners only and avoid camera/phone clicks.
How to scan oversized documents?

Often degree certificate and university issued mark-sheets for some institutes are oversized and don’t fit our normal home scanners. We advise you to take them to a business center or use a commercial scanner with document reducers. Take clear copies of the documents and send them to us.

Do we ship internationally?

Yes, we do! Just enter you recipient address in the “New Recipient Address” on the apply page and we will ship it to that address.

Do we ship to multiple address?

Yes, we do! You may add as many recipient address in the “New Recipient Address” on the apply page as you want. Just specify the number of sets you want us to ship at each location and we will ship it to that address.

Do we ship to WES?

Yes, we ship to WES. Just enter WES address in the “New Recipient Address” on the apply page and specify the WES reference# in the Instructions section.

How many sets should I order?

We advise everyone to order at-least 1-2 extra copy for back-up. You may get these shipped to your home address in India, using our free shipping to 1 Indian address.

Where should I get my transcripts shipped?

If you are entering international recipient address, we will advise you to ship it to the institutes like WES/ university directly, to avoid package being rendered useless, if inspected by customs. And hence wasting your valuable time and money.

My college is closed now, but the university is was affiliated to is there. Who will issue me the transcripts?

Transcripts will be issued by the university your college was affiliated to. .

WES Academic request form

This is an optional form, not needed by WES. You need the WES ref # mentioned on this form and make sure to mention that on your package to WES. .

How do I request a transcript?

Official transcripts needs to be ordered online. Go to the indiantranscripts.com home page, city of your university and apply. .

Can I send my official transcript to more than one destination?

Yes, after you select the first destination for your transcript, click on "Add another Address." .

Can I change the mode of delivery to my transcript order?

No. Once an order has been placed, the Registrar's Office cannot provide refunds nor change the type of transcript requested. Students are responsible for following the instructions of their recipient as well as sending the acceptable transcript type (paper). .

Can someone else come and pick up a transcripts for me?

Yes. The best way to give permission for another individual to pick up a transcript on your behalf is to place your order online. Once at the Transcript Ordering Center: Select to have your transcript held for pick up, then in the “recipient” field type in the name of the individual(as written on picture ID) picking up transcripts for you. Your authorized individual will need to bring photo ID in order to pick up your transcript. .

What type of Currency and payment is accepted?

The Transcripts Division accepts USD, INR Currency. Debit card, Credit card, Internet Banking, and wallets payments are accepted. .

Can I request transcripts by phone or email?

No, we cannot release your transcripts to you or a third party without your written consent. E-mail is not a secure form of communication. You should never give out any personal information, such as social security or credit card numbers, by e-mail. .

Can I get the transcript if there is hold on my records?

If the hold restricts the release of transcripts, your transcript cannot be released until the hold has been removed. Transcripts will not be issued until all financial obligations to the University have been cleared. .

University will do direct shipment to WES, Canada?

Yes, University will do the direct shipment to Educational Credential Assessments such as WES, IQAS and other organization. .